Dates to remember:
Exhibit Dates: May 11th – July 10th
Opening: Light Reception May 14th, 5-7pm
Hand-delivered work must be picked up on July 16th & 17th 11-4 pm.
Shipped works will be returned the week of July 12th.
All entries must be submitted electronically by April 17th, 2021.
Hand-delivered work will be accepted at the gallery ONLY on April 30th and May 1st, 12-4 pm.
Shipped work must arrive at the gallery from April 26th – 30th.
Open to artists who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry and who have a US shipping address. Work must not be smaller than 36 inches (36”) in any direction including the framing or mounting, or video monitors. And no larger than 72 inches (72”) in any direction. The artwork may represent any 2-dimensional subject matter. All 2D media—including oils, acrylics, watercolors, pastels, fiber, drawings, collage, printmaking, photography, and digital media—will be considered (no sculpture). Accepted work must be suitably framed, wired, and ready for hanging. Works on paper must be framed under plexiglass or glass. Wall-mounted monitors must be provided for videos. These eligibility requirements will be strictly enforced and work will be refused if it does not comply with the requirements. Arts Mill studio artists are not eligible to apply.
Acceptance: Accepted work may be refused if it does not conform to the entered image. Absolutely No substitutions of accepted works will be allowed. All accepted work must remain in the gallery for the duration of the exhibit.
Sales: The gallery will take a 40% commission on any work sold. The gallery will NOT accept NFS works.
Entry Fee: The entry fee is $35 for 1 – 2 works.
Prizes: Three artists will be awarded “Best of Show”.
With this award, the 3 artists will have a group exhibit together in 2022. Also, each of the 3 artists will be awarded a 2-week residency in the studios of the Arts Mill to showcase their artistic process to the public. Time of residence will be made at a mutually agreeable time.
Also, there will be a “People Choice Award”. The winning artist will be able to include one work of art in the 2022 prize winners exhibit.
Entry Requirements: All entries must be submitted electronically by April 17th. (See below for link to the online payment form – paypal)
Judging will be done only from JPEGs. No other formats will be accepted. JPEGs must be 72 dpi and at least 600 pixels but not greater than 1200 pixels in either direction. The maximum filesize for any individual image is 1 MB. For video works, please upload a still image in the application and email the gallery with a link to the video on youtube or vimeo to view the entry.
JPEG images MUST BE labeled Last Name_FIRST Name_1, 2, 3, etc.
Files that are mislabeled or lack the artist’s name will not be viewed by the juror.
Entry email must be filled out completely. Failure to follow instructions may result in the nullification of your entry. Your payment will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus. Fees are non-refundable.
Delivery of Work:
1. Hand-delivered work will be accepted at the gallery ONLY on April 30th and May 1st, 12-4 pm. Packaging may be removed from the gallery at the time of delivery.
2. Shipped work must arrive at the gallery from April 26th – 30th, in a reusable container. A computer-generated return label for return of work MUST be enclosed. NO EXCEPTIONS. Pre-paid shipping arrangements must be made through UPS or FedEx websites or with other shippers who will pick up work at the gallery. NO U.S. POSTAL SERVICE OR C.O.D. RETURNS. DO NOT SEND CASH, CHECK, STAMPS, OR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION FOR RETURN OF WORK.
Return of Work: Hand-delivered work must be picked up on July 16th & 17th 11-4 pm. Shipped works will be returned the week of July 12th. The gallery accepts no responsibility for work not retrieved on pick-up dates.
Liability: Great care will be taken with all work, but artists are responsible for insuring their own work if they wish. Arts Mill Gallery will not be responsible for any loss or damage to work while on the premises or in transit to or from the gallery. The submission of a work of art to this exhibition shall be understood to constitute an agreement on the part of the artist to the conditions set forth in this prospectus.
1. Use our PayPal link in this description to proceed with payment. Your payment will serve as your acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in this prospectus. Fees are non-refundable.
2. Email JPEGS of your work to Paula DeStefanis at email@example.com JPEG images MUST BE labeled Last Name_FIRST Name_1, 2, 3, etc.
3. In the subject line enter: “The BIG Show entry.
4. In the Body of the email include the number of the piece, title, size, medium, and price of each artwork in the attachment.
For example #1
“Winter Fields” ; 36” x 40”; $900
5. You can submit up to 2 pieces.